The Nelson Poynter Memorial Library at USF St. Petersburg campus is open for reduced hours.
Please use the button below to find out everything you need to know.
Head, USFSP Library Systems
- Manage Nelson Poynter Memorial Library Systems & Student Technology Center, and an active web environment
- Provide excellent support and development to operations, helpdesk and open lab areas
- Develop a variety virtual and fixed student technology environments throughout the Nelson Poynter Memorial Library
- Expand the role in maintaining and archiving digital content for USF St. Petersburg campus
- Advance the Open Access Movement
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, minor in Music, The Florida State University
- Digital repositories and Open Access Initiatives
- Computing virtualization based on VMWare components, VSAN storage and related technologies
- Network switching and routing based upon Cisco equipment
- Linux (CentOS), Windows Systems Administration, LAMP & SpringShare web development
As an experienced Systems Administrator and Network Engineer, Berrie’s role is to create and manage VMWare based virtualization environments including virtualized cluster server support, and Linux CentOS Web technologies(LAMP) and ASX web applications. He also specializes in troubleshooting LAN issues, as well as managing Cisco and Windows-based Firewalls, switches and LAN architectures. Systems has a years-long an open-door policy, so drop in with any questions or comments, or general technology discussion.