Skip to main content
The Nelson Poynter Memorial Library at USF St. Petersburg campus is open for reduced hours.
Please use the button below to find out everything you need to know.
To be sure materials are ready for your students for the first week of class, requests should be submitted as early as possible before the beginning of the term. Due to limited staffing capacities, please submit your Course Reserve request one week in advance.
Instructors may place their personal copies of books and other materials on Reserve for students to use during the semester. Make a request.
For any other questions you may have at this time, please email Circulation Email
While the USF St. Petersburg campus library has reduced hours, we are working to ensure continued access to the library's collections with enhanced services, such as scanning in course required readings and chapters/articles from our print books, and mailing USF St. Petersburg campus library print books to current USF students, faculty, and staff. For questions you may have at this time, please email us.
Textbooks on Course Reserve
Here are all the USF St. Petersburg textbooks that the Nelson Poynter Memorial Library owns or can link to.
- E-book textbooks are listed with the link directly to the electronic copy.
- Print textbooks that are listed are available for 3 hour checkout and in-house use only.
During USF St. Petersburg's COVID response, for USF St. Petersburg students who cannot come to campus, you can request for the book to be scanned.
- If the library owns a title in print, place a request for scanning here. (Students new to ILLIAD will need to set up a new account.)
- Navigate to "book/chapter request", fill in the form, and submit request (Include book title, author, page numbers, and edition.)
- Due to fair use and copyright limitations, we can only scan 15% of the textbook.
- Scans will be sent to your current USF email.
- Due to limited staffing capabilities, there could be a delay in your request. Please submit requests one week in advance to ensure timely processing.
Scanned copies of select chapters from print textbooks are available to USF St. Petersburg instructors only.
- To request scanned textbook chapters, please complete the Course Reserve Scanning Form.
- Scanned files are made available for your professor to upload in their Canvas course.
- Due to copyright laws, the USF St. Petersburg library is unable to scan in an entire course textbook. For more information about your fair use rights and copyright questions, please visit: https://lib.stpetersburg.usf.edu/friendly.copyright