Skip to main content
As part of the USF response to COVID-19, USF St. Petersburg Library is closed. Please check back regularly for updates.
Please use the following page to stay updated on library services and resources related to the Coronavirus and remote learning:
USFSP Library Continuity Guide: Resources for Remote Learning
Student Technology Center (STC) Chat Helpdesk Services
The STC chat helpdesk service is a peer-to-peer student run helpdesk for the USF St. Petersburg Library. As such, it does not have a call-in number or option to remote control any desktops to provide services. The following lists outline what services to expect from this chat service, and what items to expect to be forwarded to another USF helpdesk to provide.
The STC Chat Helpdesk can:
- Walk you through the steps to change your my.usf.edu password.
- Provide limited assistance in using USF software, depending on experience of the helpdesk operator.
- Provide links to software support via appguides.stpete.usf.edu and LinkedIN Learning, and software.usf.edu.
- Answer general computing questions for Mac and PC usage.
- Provide general help in using Canvas to upload assignments and navigate within the LMS.
The STC Chat Helpdesk Cannot:
- Remote control your computer to install software.
- Walk you through the steps to solve hardware issues.
- Make phone calls to any user.
- Complete homework assignments or give answers to homework questions.
- Provide general library assistance or answer research questions. Those should be directed to Research & Instruction librarians.
The STC Helpdesk chat is available during the hours of availability of the library, which is generally 9am - 6pm most weekdays (except reduced Spring Break hours, 9am - 5pm).
When the chat is not available, you may call the USF helpdesk at (813) 974-4357 (HELP) for most issues.